Standard Global Bespoke DIY Forecast Service
Features of Standard service:
- All major Exogenous/Policy Variables set by MEF in line with natinal budgets;
- MEF ensures all latest data & budget plans incorporated;
- Aimed at forecasters setting only a few key assumptions...
- ..perhaps wishing to concentrate on macro scenarios instead.
- MEF quickly produces tailored forecast from client input;
- Draft forecast tables e-mailed by MEF for client inspection/changes;
- Final forecast/scenario tables e-mailed by MEF for inclusion in client publications.
Many economist/strategists do not have the time to run or maintain a Global/UK economic model, yet are required to produce coherent forecast views for their country/region of interest. For considerably less than the cost of employing a forecasting economist & subscribing to a (global) model, MEF can fill that gap, cost-effectively. Forecast products currently available tend to be rather rigid & sold on a "take-it-or-leave-it" basis. This may suit some organisations, but many others increasingly need to explore specific macroeconomic risks - either interest rate, currency or market/country demand - at both a national & global level.
A Simple 3 Stage Procedure each quarter:
a) client's views on key exogenous/policy variables are entered on a downloadable spreadsheet which is filled-in by clients & e-mailed back to MEF;
b) a "draft" central forecast is quickly produced from these inputs & e-mailed back to clients where it can be "fine-tuned" if required; optionally, clients can also specifiy 2 forecast scenarios around their main or "central" forecast in order to quantify any perceived risks to that forecast.
c) spreadsheet forecast tables from the final forecast & scenarios are e-mailed to the client for incorporation into their internal or external publications; forecast/scenario charts can be easily constructed from these spreadsheet tables.